In an effort to ensure compliance with the Governor’s new Modified Phase 2 guidelines, JPRD is doing the following:
1. All youth sports at the playgrounds are suspended beginning Wednesday, November 24 at 10pm. Activities will resume under the new guidelines on Monday, December 7. This includes Biddy and intramural basketball team tryouts, tennis, and rugby.
2. The West Bank playground tackle football championships will take place on Saturday, Nov 28 as planned with modified times and locations to adhere to the new Phase 2 guidelines. Times and locations are TBD.
3. All individuals, groups and organizations that have rented JPRD facilities, including Lafreniere Park, Parc de Families, LaSalle Park, and Bucktown Marina, through December 23, will be notified of the new Phase 2 guidelines and will be asked to provide a letter describing how their rental activity will adhere to the new Phase 2 guidelines.
4. All Leisure Service activities are suspended beginning Wednesday, November 24 at 10pm. Activities will resume under the new Phase 2 guidelines on Monday, December 7. This includes classes, Golden Age and Special Needs Programming.
5. JPRD will institute teleworking/remote working for all employees as deemed appropriate in order to safely maintain recreational services to the public.